The Victorian Suicide Prevention Framework 2016-2025 is a whole-of-government approach to suicide prevention in Victoria.
Halving the rate of suicide deaths by 2025.
Victoria’s strategy aims to achieve this goal by focusing on five key objectives:
- Building resilience – Improving individual and community resilience across Victoria
- Supporting vulnerable people – Uniting behind groups at higher risk of distress and suicide.
- Caring for the suicidal person – Strengthened approaches to assertive outreach and care after a suicide attempt.
- Learning what works best – Evaluating new trial initiatives and sharing data with local communities.
- Helping local communities prevent suicide – Trialling a coordinated approach to suicide prevention in six local government areas.
Enablers support action and promote strategy success. The Victorian Suicide Prevention Framework’s approach is consistent with and builds on work in other areas of government reform.