The Australian Capital Territory Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Plan 2019-2024 aims to address the mental health needs of the territory.
A kind, connected and informed community working together to promote and protect the mental health and wellbeing of all.
The ACT Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Plan includes seven strategic priorities:
- Improved outcomes for everyone.
- Services that are responsive and integrated.
- A highly skilled and sustainable mental health workforce.
- Early intervention in life, illness, and episode.
- Whole of person care.
- Reduced self-harm and suicide prevention.
- Improving people’s lives socially and financially.
Enablers support action and promote strategy success. ACT aims to reduce self-harm and increase suicide prevention through:
- Planning – For example, using available evidence to inform future prevention activities and identifying training needs across groups in the ACT.
- Integration and system redesign – For example, delivering coordinated, integrated, evidence-based suicide, prevention activities and providing adequate aftercare and postvention support.
- Sustainability – For example, continuing to deliver programs that promote resilience building and help-seeking and engaging stakeholders to evaluate activities.