About Life in Mind
What is Life in Mind?
Life in Mind is a national communication initiative, knowledge exchange digital portal and hosts the National Communications Charter, to advance suicide prevention practice in Australia.
The Life in Mind initiative provides:
- Regular, easy-to-understand communication materials, underpinned by a science communication strategy, to connect suicide prevention (and related) sectors to the evidence, information and resources they need
- An up-to-date suicide prevention knowledge exchange digital portal (lifeinmind.org.au) providing access to data, research, policy, and best practice examples
- A National Communications Charter and implementation support to ensure consistent, safe and non-stigmatising messaging about suicide and suicide prevention across sectors.
- Suicide prevention sector, and those working in related sectors to support suicide prevention efforts
- Government departments at a federal and state level, including national and state Mental Health Commissions
- Primary Health Networks, including suicide prevention networks
- Researchers and academics working in suicide prevention and related research areas.
- A more cohesive and connected sector, with consistent messaging around suicide prevention and access to the evidence base and best practice standards for communicating about suicide and suicide prevention.
- Improved community awareness of and confidence in the suicide prevention sector and improved access to information on current resources, programs, research and activities in suicide prevention.
Life in Mind is funded under the Australian Government’s National Suicide Prevention Leadership and Support Program. The Program supports a range of national suicide prevention activities, all aimed at increasing the capacity of individuals and communities to prevent and respond to suicide. It also supports the Primary Health Networks (PHNs) to lead a regional and integrated approach to suicide prevention.
Life in Mind is an initiative of Everymind, a leading national Institute dedicated to reducing mental ill-health, reducing suicide and improving wellbeing for all Australians.
Everymind has been delivering world-leading, evidence-based prevention programs for 30 years.
The core pillars of work Everymind focus on the promotion of mental health and wellbeing, the prevention of mental ill-health and the prevention of suicide.
For more information about Everymind and its other world-leading programs and research, visit everymind.org.au