Welcome to the April 2023 edition of the Life in Mind eNews, featuring news from the mental health and suicide prevention sector, as well as some of the latest published research in suicide prevention.
- The Men’s Table celebrates milestone of 100 Tables
- #FriendBetter with R U OK?: Tips to help support your mates
- New report released by Suicide Prevention Australia provides snapshot of suicide prevention reform in Australia
- LivingWorks delivers suicide prevention training for NSW secondary schools and communities
- Our words matter: Guidelines for language use
- Study demonstrates a strong link between maltreatment in childhood and self-harm and suicidal behaviours
- Updates from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare Suicide and Self-harm Monitoring System
Translated research studies
- Pathways, Contexts, and Voices of Shame and Compassion: A Grounded Theory of the Evolution of Perinatal Suicidality, by Laura J. Biggs, Bonnie Jephcott, Kim Vanderwiel, Imogen Melgaard, Shannon Bott, Mitzi Paderes, Julie Borninkhof, and Melanie Birks
- Incidence of suicide and self-harm among people with opioid use disorder and the impact of opioid agonist treatment: A retrospective data linkage study, by Samantha Colledge-Frisby, Nicola Jones, Louisa Degenhardt, Matthew Hickman, Prianka Padmanathan, Thomas Santo Jr, Michael Farrell and Natasa Gisev
If you would like to contribute to the next edition, please contact: [email protected]
Subscribe to eNews
Keep up to date and sign up to the Life in Mind eNews, sharing some of the latest news and research in suicide prevention.