Whyalla Suicide Prevention Network Inc
The Whyalla Suicide Prevention Network Inc. are committed to connecting to our community to raise the awareness on Suicide Prevention and bringing education and training to all.
- Our Vision: Value Life, Prevent Suicide
- Mission Statement : ‘The Whyalla community will work together and support each other to prevent suicide’.
- Values : ‘We care, we listen, we help and we value life’. ‘We are inclusive of all members of the Whyalla Community’.
- Strategic Connections: We are linked to the National Life Framework and the South Australian Suicide Prevention Strategy 2012—2016:
Every Life is worth living Aims:
1. Reduce stigma, raise awareness and facilitate training opportunities to the community of Whyalla
2. Supporting those affected by suicide.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- People with an increased risk of suicide
- People who have attempted suicide
- People bereaved by suicide
- People experiencing mental illness
- Regional and remote communities
- Provides Factsheets
- Suicide Prevention Network (SPN)
- Department of Rural Health- University of South Australia
- PHN Country SA
- SA Health
- Rotary Club of Whyalla
- Eyre Peninsula Wellbeing Groups
- Mentally Fit EP Pt Lincoln – Lincoln Alive – Lock Health Advisory Committee
- Kimba Mental Health & Wellbeing Grp – Cleve & Districts Mental Health & Wellbeing Grp
- Cowell Wellbeing & Mental Health Grp –Empowering Lower Eyre - Cummins
- Lock Health Advisory Committee – Thrive Streaky Bay (& Whyalla SPN)
- SILPAG Pt Augusta
- Men’s Shed – Whyalla