WayAhead Mental Health Association NSW
WayAhead works to educate people in NSW about mental health and wellbeing, as well as linking them to services and resources that improve their mental health. The organisation's vision is for a society that understands, values and actively supports the best possible mental health and wellbeing.
WayAhead fulfils this vision through a range of public engagement programs which include:
- the co-ordination of mental health promotion activities such as Mental Health Month NSW, WayAhead Workplaces and Perinatal Depression and Anxiety Awareness Week
- free anxiety support groups throughout NSW- the provision of mental health information
- the WayAhead Directory, Mental Health Factsheets- education seminars such as Understanding
- Anxiety Forums and Professional Development Workshops – for people living with a mental health condition, the public and health care professionals; and
- Small Steps workshops for parents and school teachers to raise awareness and improve recognition of anxiety disorders in children.
- Children or young people
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people
- LGBTI People
- Lived experience
- People experiencing mental illness
- Provides Policy Information
- Provides Factsheets
- Non-governmental (NGO)