Welcome to the March 2023 edition of the Life in Mind eNews, featuring news from the mental health and suicide prevention sector, as well as some of the latest published research in suicide prevention.
- Lifeline acknowledges 60 years of supporting Australians through every challenge
- Action plan to address the health and wellbeing of LGBTIQA+ people
- Our words matter: new guidelines to enact positive language change
- New research examines suicide deaths among older Australians either accessing or waiting to access aged care
- University of South Australia releases spotlight report on person-centred and consumer directed mental health care
Translated research studies
- The impact of gender and age on bullying role, self-harm and suicide: Evidence from a cohort study of Australian children, by Kabir Ahmad, Amanda Beatson, Marilyn Campbell, Rubayyat Hashmi, Byron W. Keating , Rory Mulcahy, Aimee Riedel, Shasha Wang
- Demographic and psychosocial factors associated with recent suicidal ideation and suicide attempts among trans and gender diverse people in Australia, by Adam O Hill, Teddy Cook, Ruth McNair, Natalie Amos, Marina Carman, Ellis Hartland, Anthony Lyons, and Adam Bourne
If you would like to contribute to the next edition, please contact: [email protected]
Subscribe to eNews
Keep up to date and sign up to the Life in Mind eNews, sharing some of the latest news and research in suicide prevention.