Welcome to the August edition of the Life in Mind eNews, featuring news from the mental health and suicide prevention sector, as well as some of the latest published research in suicide prevention.
- Interim Report of the Royal Commission into Defence and Veteran Suicide has been delivered to the Australian Government.
- Telethon Kids Institute launches Australia's first suicide prevention guidelines to support LGBTQA+ youth.
- A new report released by Beyond Blue in collaboration with the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) highlights the relationship between financial wellbeing and mental health.
- Black Dog Institute publishes results from their first randomised controlled trial of the LifeBuoy app, showing a reduction in suicidal ideation in young people.
- Suicide Prevention Australia releases report outlining hospital emergency department (ED) responses needed for youth suicide and self-harm.
- Latest translated research studies:
- The Role of Unemployment, Financial Hardship, and Economic Recession on Suicidal Behaviors and Interventions to Mitigate Their Impact: A Review.
- "I Called When I Was at My Lowest”: Australian Men’s Experiences of Crisis Helplines.
Subscribe to the eNews mailing list by clicking the ‘Sign up now’ button to the right.
If you would like to contribute to the next edition, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org