The Federal Government has announced a further $19 million for suicide prevention through the National Suicide Prevention Leadership and Support Program. This funding will support 15 leading organisations to deliver 18 national suicide prevention programs and services.
This will bring the total investment in the National Suicide Prevention Leadership and Support Program to more than $100 million, and will sustain important support, awareness and stigma reduction activities, research, and leadership until June 2022.
Recipient organisations include:
- MATES in Construction Australia
- Mental Health First Aid Australia
- National LGBTI Health Alliance
- Orygen – The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health
- OzHelp Foundation
- R U OK?
- Reach Out Australia
- Roses in the Ocean
- Suicide Prevention Australia
- University of Melbourne
- University of Western Australia
- United Synergies
- Wesley Community Services
Read the Hon Greg Hunt MP, Minister for Health’s funding announcement media release: https://bit.ly/3m47wJs