Dr Stewart Vella is the Director of the Global Alliance for Mental Health and Sport at the University of Wollongong, Australia. He is the most published scientist in the world on the topic of mental health and sport. He is also a Subject Matter Expert on mental health in sport with Movember. His work spans mental health programs, mental health guidelines, psychological safety, and mental fitness. His “Ahead of the Game” program is currently being scaled globally, including as the official program of the Rugby League World Cup 2021.
- Children or young people
- Mental health, mental ill health
- Settings (workplaces, mental health services, education, communities)
- Research opportunities
- Innovative approaches to suicide prevention
- Connecting with post-graduate candidates
- Collaboration with Australian suicide prevention services, programs and resources
Dr Stewart Vella's publications
Please note: this is not a complete list of papers this researcher has contributed to. If the research you are interested in is not listed above, please contact the researcher for more information.