All Roses in the Ocean programs and workshops are lived experience informed, designed and delivered by professional facilitators who also have a personal lived experience of suicide.
The ‘Voices of In-Sight’ speakers program is a highly reﬂective, facilitated process where you are afforded the gift of time... time to reﬂect and explore your own story, time to connect with others who have walked in similar shoes, time to hear different perspectives of suicide, and time to develop a structured, well messaged story that will have a positive impact on whoever has the privilege of hearing it.
On completion of this program, you can expect to be able to:
• Identify the key messages within your lived experience story others can benefit from, appreciate the wide range of lived experience perspectives and the wisdom they offer, communicate your story using appropriate language and safe content
• Apply the VOI-S story structure to create an impactful speech, share your personal insights, understand ways in which you can adjust your story for a variety of audiences
• Implement your self care plan and recognise the importance of doing so
• Incorporate current suicide prevention knowledge, statistics and activity into presentations
What happens after the program?
On completion of the program, you will continue to work on your story with the Facilitators and your Roses in the Ocean Mentor until you are ready to present it to a ‘friendly audience’. You are then ready to receive your Roses in the Ocean Speakers Hub resource kit to assist you in playing an active role within your local community.
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people
- LGBTI People
- Lived experience
- People with an increased risk of suicide
- People who have attempted suicide
- People bereaved by suicide
- Regional and remote communities
- Farming communities
- Media and communications
- Lived experience and peer support