During unprecedented times such as the COVID-19 crisis, people will experience a range of reactions (physical, psychological, emotional and behavioural). Psychological First Aid is a best practice response to this crisis.
This session also covers many of the challenges organisations and individuals are facing while working remotely, and how to navigate these challenges and provide practical support during this time.
Participants will learn:
- Overview of mental health during a crisis
- Understand the application of Psychological First Aid during a crisis
- Learn practical skills to recognise someone in distress
- Learn practical intervention techniques
- Resources for intervention and escalation
- Learn self-care strategies to maintain personal wellbeing
- Regional and remote communities
- Small Business
- Blended learning