All Roses in the Ocean programs and workshops are lived experience informed, designed and delivered by professional facilitators who also have a personal lived experience of suicide.
‘Our Voice in Action’ is a 2 day capacity building program designed to develop the skills required to meaningfully participate in suicide prevention activities, encourage connectedness, self-care and gain clarity in what direction you would like to lend your lived experience voice to. It provides the framework to explore your lived experience and how it can be combined with other skills for the greatest influence and impact.
On completion of this program, you can expect to be able to:
- Identify the key messages within your lived experience story others can benefit from
- Appreciate the wide range of lived experience perspectives, and the wisdom they offer
- Dispel common myths and misconceptions about suicide through lived experience perspectives and facts
- Understand how different working styles, communication style and personality type need to be considered when working with a group of people to enact change
- Implement your self care plan and activate your support networks as required
- Participate in a consultation process and identify key issues within your community
What happens after the program?
On completion of the program, you will have links into either
your local suicide prevention network, the Primary Health
Network, or the organisation who has supported the program.
You will have access to our Roses in the Ocean Mentors to
support you while you forge relationships and connections
in your community.
- Lived experience
- Education and community engagement
- Lived experience and peer support