‘LaunchPad’ is an empowering program designed to assist community-based suicide prevention action groups to use their lived experience in a planned, coordinated and impactful manner. Given the importance and urgency of the work being undertaken, the ‘LaunchPad’ framework is designed to move people to action, within a strategic process that keeps things simple and straightforward. LaunchPad is a key success factor to sustainability of lived experience within communities.
On completion of this program you can expect to have:
- Understanding of your community-based mission, values and areas of important focus.
- Clarity of the structures, roles and responsibilities within your group.
- Appreciation of and plan to leverage the individual expertise and gifts within your group.
- Shared expectations of behavioural standards that will apply to your interactions.
- Awareness of the barriers that stand in your way and ways to address those in your strategy.
- An agreed action plan for all members of your group.
- Planned meeting focus for the next six months.
- Lived experience
- Regional and remote communities
- Farming communities
- Education and community engagement
- Lived experience and peer support