Conducted by SANE Australia and the University of New England, and funded by the Ian Potter and Grenet Foundations, this project will explore the experiences of family and friends following a suicide attempt by a loved one.
The project will run from August 2017 to June 2020 in three stages:
1. an online survey of people over 18 years old who know someone who attempted to take their own life within the past 10 years
2. phone interviews of approximately 30 selected online survey participants
3. SANE Australia will develop a suite of resources, which will be distributed to the community in late 2018.
- Lived experience
- People with an increased risk of suicide
- People who have attempted suicide
- People bereaved by suicide
- People experiencing mental illness
- Regional and remote communities
- Farming communities
- Bereavement support
- Lived experience and peer support
- Data surveillance, screening and reporting
- Evidence Based