Life in Mind is pleased to support the 2019 R U OK? Day theme ‘Trust the Signs’, which kicked off today in Gosford.
Each year R U OK? work to promote the question: Are you ok?
This year their 'Trust the Signs' campaign aims to highlight the signs that someone might be struggling. When you notice these signs, R U OK? are encouraging individuals to trust their gut and start a conversation if you're concerned about someone.
Leading up to R U OK? Day on Thursday 12 September, the ‘Trust the Signs' tour is heading around Australia visiting every state and territory.
The tour launched today in Gosford with an interactive activation, educating the public as to what it might look like when someone is exhibiting a change in their normal behaviour.
Public event details:
- Wednesday, 10 July NSW, Gosford
- Thursday, 11 July NSW, Forster-Tuncurry
- Friday, 12 July NSW, Port Macquarie
- Saturday, 13 July NSW, Woolgoolga
- Wednesday, 17 July QLD, Gold Coast
- Sunday, 21 July QLD, Gympie
- Monday, 22 July QLD, Munduberra
- Thursday, 25 July QLD, Charters Towers
- Wednesday, 31 July NT, Darwin
- Thursday, 8 August WA, Perth
- Sunday, 11 August WA, Bunbury
- Friday, 16 August SA, Adelaide
- Saturday, 17 August SA, Loxton
- Saturday, 24 August VIC, Bendigo
- Sunday, 25 August VIC, Shepparton
- Wednesday, 28 August VIC, Melbourne
- Sunday, 1 September TAS, Hobart
- Saturday, 7 September NSW, Nowra
- Thursday 12 September NSW, Sydney (Barangaroo) R U OK? Day
About R U OK? Day
R U OK? Day is the national day of action dedicated to reminding everyone to ask, “Are you OK?” and to remember every day of the year to support people - Trust the Signs, Trust their Gut and Ask R U OK?
Individuals, workplaces, schools and communities can get involved and help create a world where we're all connected and are protected from suicide.
For more R U OK? resources on how to ask “Are you OK?” visit: https://www.lifeinmindaustralia.com.au/organisations/r-u-ok
• Attend an event on the ‘Trust the Signs’ Tour
• Download a practical toolkit at ruok.org.au
• Share the message in your community and online